Before there was a Deadpool movie, there was a Deadpool game. It came out in 2013, then was delisted because Marvel and Activision weren’t getting along, then re-released in 2016 in conjuncture with the movie. I played through the whole game over two Twitch streams this week, and it is *exactly* what a Deadpool video game should be.
Things the Deadpool game includes:
- Cameos from other X-universe characters, including Cable, Wolverine, and Rogue.
- Immature humor with mature language.
- A carnival shooting gallery where you’re on a pirate ship.
- references to 8-bit video games.
- Bigger guns.
- Decapitations, both of enemies and of Deadpool.
- A bouncy house.
- Thought bubbles that you can jump on.
- Glitches, crashes, and bugs.
It’s not great, but it’s everything a Deadpool game should be.
Leave a Reply