I have had a lot going on recently, which has had me too stressed out to get any thoughts jotted down… but good news, tomorrow will be my last day at my current job, and then I’m switching over to an opportunity with better compensation, more human interaction, and based on creativity and creation!
I’m hoping this will give me more time (and energy) to both draw and write, so in anticipation I want to get quick thoughts out about a bunch of different things that I’ve watched/played/seen/whatever lately
- Black Panther
- My parents, my wife, and I all went to see Black Panther on it’s opening weekend, and I absolutely loved it! The tone of the movie felt just a bit different from other Marvel origin stories, which helped buy a pass on the standard final scene of the hero fighting an evil version of themselves, and it was awesome to see so many ass-kicking-women!
- If you haven’t played it yet, you really should! Celeste is, at first glance, a pretty straight forward platform with four main mechanics; jump, climb, walljump, and airdash. While it does hit these mechanics exceptionally well, what really makes it something special is the story that it tells, which I think will touch anyone who has experienced or known someone who has experienced anxiety, depression, or even just self-doubt.
- Tabletop RPGs
- I’ve been part of tabletop group here in town for a few months now, and it’s been great to get to play again. Our game is a homebrew on old school DnD and a few other systems, which is exceptionally lethal. In the few campaigns I’ve played in before, I’ve never lost a character… in this I’ve lost about 4. What’s great, though, is that the creative story telling stays fun, even when my characters are exploding from the inside out, or getting murdered by the brain-washed friends, or attacked by swarms of butterflies.
- This game was super fun! I want to play it in VR, but also think playing it in VR might melt my brain.
- PUBG/Awful Squad Jr
- PUBG is a great game, if you have a good group to play with. Awful Squad Jr is that group.
- Off to be the Wizard
- A buddy recommended this book series to me, and I’m really digging it! I’m part way through book 3 so far, and the first is still the best, but I’m still really liking it! The audiobook is great, too!
- Movie Trailers
- Incredibles 2
- Christopher Robin
- Mary Poppins Returns
- My mom’ll love it!
- Incredibles 2
- Joss Whedon’s Astonishing X-Men
- I started this run years ago, and didn’t get pulled in to it for some reason… Tried again last week, and pushed through the whole things in a few days. I laughed! I cried! I cursed Joss for being Joss!
- Bendis Assembled
- This is a podcast covering Brian Michael Bendis’ run on New Avengers (and a boatload of other books). It’s giving me motivation to read a bunch of storylines I always meant to get to, for which I really appreciate it!
Leave a Reply